Change email Subject

Have questions about Backup4all, or having problems using it? Ask here for help.
SeaCay

Change email Subject

Post by SeaCay »

Hello Adrian,

Is it possible to change the email subject when Backup4All sends a success/failure message.

If I could set my own static subject per backup and Backup4All could add its prefix or suffix requirements, that would be ideal for me.
I would like to add some keywords in the subject so that the recipient email client knows which folder(s) to place the message.

regards

SeaCay

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Change email Subject

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Please go to Backup4all installation folder and locate the file you want to use as email template. For example, if you use the html format, the email template for backup is: SuccessFullMail.html, otherwise is SuccessFullMail.txt
Edit the template. On the first line there is <!<#$RsEmlExecutedSuccessfully>>
Change it to <! My Custom text <#$RsEmlExecutedSuccessfully> end of custom text>
You can also remove the "<#$RsEmlExecutedSuccessfully>" tag, just make sure you keep the begining (<!) and the end of the line (>).
Save the template and select in Backup Properties->Email page, to use it.

SeaCay

Post by SeaCay »

Hello Backup4All Support,

The way I read your reply is that solution is an overall solution and whatever I enter as my flagging text will apply to all of my backups.
Is my understanding correct?

If so, I regret to advise that this solution is not practical for my situation. What I am looking for is a solution that allows a different and unique piece of flagging text for each of our backups. That way when the email message arrives at its destination, the mail client "Rules Manager" code can send the Backup4All Email Message to the appropriate folder and our mail robot can forward the message to the targeted list of recipients for each backup process.

If this is not currently possible, please would you consider adding a feature to permit this function in an up-coming release?

regards and thanks

SeaCay

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

That is not an overall solution.
Backup4all uses its default template messages which you cannot edit.
But you have in the Backup4all installation folder a template to edit for each type of action: backup, restore, test, clean.
You can create as many templates as you want and each template will be used only by the backup jobs where you select that template.
You can have multiple backup jobs, each of them using different templates.