workstation client

Tell us what you think about Backup4all and what would make it even better.
lespederson

workstation client

Post by lespederson »

I would like a way to backup workstations from the pro version on the server. Like - install the Lite version (or some sort of workstation client) then control it from Pro. I am not asking for it for free, and I don't have a problem with the 20 bucks or so for the lite version. As an IT person, I just want it easier, and reliable.
It would be nice if, the Pro version is "watching" for a laptop (client) to connect to the LAN, when it does pop a message to the end user that asks something like "is it OK, to perform a backup of your files now". then perform the backup configuration I have setup for that client, -- like a mirror etc etc.

Thanks

Adrian (Softland)

Re: workstation client

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, we already have plans to implement such a system for easily manage the workstations.
I cannot tell you exactly when the feature will be ready.

lespederson

Re: workstation client

Post by lespederson »

sounds great, I will watch for it.
I would be also great if it was capable of "watching" over the VPN tunnel, (I know, give me an inch, I want a mile)
I have many offices that have permanent VPN tunnels to head office, and they don't have a server at the remote office.
So, it would be nice if the client could be "talked to" from another LAN -- the head office. (the LAN's have different IP ranges). some of the end users connect using SSL or a VPN client (like SafeNet). Which gives them an IP address on the remote LAN. (head office).
Hope some of this info helps your design ideas.

Thanks