Reason for backup; data management requirements; backup strategies

Tell us what you think about Backup4all and what would make it even better.
Rick the regular

Reason for backup; data management requirements; backup strategies

Post by Rick the regular »

I am new to Backup4all. I needed some backup/recovery software and researched some of the available products. I chose Backup4all, and find it excellent software; it does just what I need, and is quite intuitive.
Since I have only had it a short time, I have not read all of the available literature relating to the product, so my comment below may not be accurate. I apologise if that is the case.
Of the Backup4all information that I have read, I have found plenty relating to "how to" and "types of backup", but I have yet to see anything that explains "why backup" and backup strategies. I think the average user would benefit from some guidance here. My reason for backup is to enable recovery of individual files in case of accidental deletion, or incorrect updates. I have developed a strategy involving 2 portable hard drives, with one offsite at any one time (I take it to work). This suits my requirements, but I would like to see what others do, or strategies that the software developers may have. That way I can compare my strategy with others.