Jobs queue

Tell us what you think about Backup4all and what would make it even better.
mkdes

Jobs queue

Post by mkdes »

It would be really useful to have a jobs queue option.
For example, if user have 30 all jobs and want make 3 jobs, he can click option in job context menu "make full backup - add job to queue" and then click some button "run jobs from queue".
For me, make one job in one time is faster than back up several jobs simultaneously.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Jobs queue

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

You can use tags for that. The tags can be found/created in the left side column. Right click inside that column to create a new tag. Just assign a tag to each job you want (you can also drag and drop the jobs over the tag in the left side column)
Then you can run the tag and all jobs containing that tag will be executed one after another. Each job can contain multiple tags.

mkdes

Post by mkdes »

Tags usage is more complicated.
I use tags for grouping jobs, not for prepare jobs to daily backup.
I have to make backups for few different jobs every day.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

That is not such complicated.
For example you create a new tag called "8 Aug" for today backups.
For the backup jobs you want to run today, you just need to drag and drop them over the tag name (from the middle column in Backup4all to the left column). This way the tag will be assigned for those jobs.
Then at the end just run the tag and all jobs with that tag will be executed one after another.
When the backup is finished you can remove the tag and tomorrow create a new tag for other selected jobs.