I would like...

Tell us what you think about Backup4all and what would make it even better.
seulater

I would like...

Post by seulater »

1) when i click on expand, i expect it to stay expanded. when you hit refresh or some other things it collapses.

2) When using a mirror backup, I would like 2 additional options for that setting. A) the ability to compare the source and destination files using using crc. B) verify that the destination files are actually there. If one of the files gets deleted from the destination, or gets corrupted, when you click on Backup and it does its thing it will report back as "Last Backup Successful" when in fact it was not. Ya i know you can hit "Test" to check for this. However, its the job of the backup program to do this for me, and certainly NOT say "Last Backup Successful" if there is even the remote possibility that it could not be.

3) A list of all files that may have been deleted and backed up. It would be nice if there was a scroll window that showed all the files that were created, deleted that at the end of the job you could scroll up and down it to check things if one wanted to.

Adrian (Softland)

Re: I would like...

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

1. We will think about your suggestion. At this moment the button works the way it was designed.

2. The statistics and report in the backup log refer to the current backup execution. If you want to be notified about a previous incomplete/missing backup in destination, you can run a test for all backup numbers.

3. You can enable the detailed logs that will list every file backed up or deleted.
To do that, please follow these steps:
- Open Backup4all, go to Tools menu, select Options.
- Go to Logs and history page.
- In the Content section, please check the Log detailed information and Include summary in log options
- In the Log folder section, please select Unlimited size
- Press OK and run again the backup
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

user

Post by user »

I wish it could be possible to enter sources manually rather then selecting existing files from open dialog.
For example i would like to backup *.dat files from particular folder. Of course i can add whole folder and then setup rules to exclude all files except interesting ones, but entering something like "\\server\share\folder\*.ext" could be much more simple... :idea:

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

We will think about your suggestion, but at this moment that kind of filter definition cannot be used in Backup4all.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

xgelectro

Post by xgelectro »

Why not making an client application to run on a workstation to start and view the progress of the backup (and backup group) which is installed on the server of the (small) network :?: :idea:

Adrian (Softland)

Hi,

That is not possible in this version of Backup4all.
We will think about your suggestion in a future version.