Disk Testing Stall Message

Tell us what you think about Backup4all and what would make it even better.
wacole

Disk Testing Stall Message

Post by wacole »

On occasion when testing an optical disk after backup is finished, the test process will stall. Currently the only way to know that this has happened is to watch the progress bar and see if the file [directory and filename]that is displayed next to the progress bar has advanced, or not. Right now I'm looking at a progress bar that is stuck at 72% for the past half-hour without any indication that something is amiss. All was fine until arriving at this point.

In this situation, it would be great to have B4A issue a message that would help identify the fact that a stall has occurred and even better if it gave an indication as to why.

Thanks much,

Bill Cole

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Disk Testing Stall Message

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

If Backup4all froze, after 10 minutes, a bug report will be generated asking you if you want to send it to us.
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

wacole

Post by wacole »

Sorry to report that my cancel ran for over an hour and 20 minutes and I wound up having to use the Task Manager to shut B4A down. It didn't generate a bug report and that's not the first time it has happened.

Regards,

Bill Cole

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Do you have this problem with any other backup job?
Please send us the last backup log to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html