Calculate Statistics

Tell us what you think about Backup4all and what would make it even better.
seanferns

Calculate Statistics

Post by seanferns »

Hi,

The Calculate Statistics option seems to work only in the foreground. So if i select a backup, click "Calculate Statistics", then click on another backup and return back, the statistics are no longer being calculated.
The other thing is that this option is very CPU intensive especially with a large number of files. I tried this on about 92000 files and it takes about one hour and 5 minutes.

Sean

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Calculate Statistics

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Moving the from Calculate statistics page will cancel the calculate process.
One hour for 92,000 files is much more than the time we can get here.
Were the source files from a local hard drive or from a network/external drive?
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

seanferns

Post by seanferns »

The files are all local being backed up to an external HDD via USB.
The CPU usage goes to 100 during the process to "Calculate statistics" or while building a file list just before the actual copying/zipping of files.
I do have a slightly older machine with one core but still that is no reason for it to take that long. I have been evaluating some other backup softwares and they take about 5-8 minutes to gather information on what needs to be backed up on the same 92k files.
Let me know if you need any more information.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

Can you please send us the last backup log from View->Job Logs->Last backup log to support[at]backup4all[dot]com
Do you know you can monitor your backups remotely with Backup4all Monitor? You can read more here: https://www.backup4all.com/backup4all-monitor.html

seanferns

Post by seanferns »

Sent it.