Backup to OneDrive

Tell us what you think about Backup4all and what would make it even better.
Henrik Hermansen

Backup to OneDrive

Post by Henrik Hermansen »

Since users now have 1 TB data available on OneDrive (with MS Office) it would be obvious to backup to this cloud feature. The problem is we can't access OneDrive via FTP. Another issue is that OD only seems to work with local <-> cloud synchronization meaning that you'd need to have the entire backup on your local drive (OD folder) first!
Anyway, it would be fantastic if we could just select a (non-synchronizing) folder on OneDrive as destination for Backup4All.

Henrik

Adrian (Softland)

Re: Backup to OneDrive

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

We have plans to add such a destination in Backup4all.

Adrian (Softland)

Post by Adrian (Softland) »

Hi,

At this moment, you can backup to the OneDrive local folder and it will be synchronized with the online account.
See this article for more details: http://www.backup4all.com/kb/how-to-bac ... p4all.html

jsalh

Post by jsalh »

Until the Backup4All software is updated to support OneDrive natively, you can use this work around:

1. On the same computer running the backup software - map a drive to OneDrive (this is not the same as the OneDrive system folder that appears under My PC).
2. Now select the destination as your OneDrive with the target folder (just like you would do if it was a local drive).
3. Run your backup.

Instructions to map a drive to OneDrive: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/34 ... 8-1-a.html

(** the above works for Win 7 as well **).

Note - you are still (I believe) restricted to a 10 Gig max on a per file basis. So, the only way I can backup my photos, which is about 25 Gigs, is using the mirror option.